13 January 2007

My husband said, "It must be a girl thing"

I guess so. This idea of Emily's (well, of someone's) intrigued me. So I tried it, and in the process made the humbling discovery that many of my posts don't start with complete sentences. The result is ludicrous, and as Ludicrous is one of the main contributors to this blog, the result gets posted. Sans month headings, because it's funnier that way. (Hey, that was another incomplete sentence.)


For those of you who are shivering in Fresno tule fog, and those of you who are enjoying, or not enjoying, actual snow in other places... here are some warm thoughts. :-)

So it occurred to me last night that "Khalil" sounds awfully Hebrew.

Watching Rachel perform a piano piece for the first time in public! ...may be hazardous to your internet connection. Or 3am, to be more precise.

Conversation with a five-year-old today:

"The month of courtship had wasted: its very last hours were being numbered." as my husband would say-- except that he informs me this favourite phrase is actually (one English version of) Nietzsche's battle cry. One learns many new things during the first month of marriage ...grating orange peel: Walking barefoot can be dangerous.

"This is my interpretive dance of the Anglican Communion in T. S. Eliotesque style."

3 comments:

Avido said...

I clicked the link to Emily's site but because you both use the same template, I did not notice right away that I had been redirected. This, however, lead to a great amount of confusion on my part as the first thing I saw was an announcement in the corner that said "we're expecting!"

lasselanta said...

I can't stop laughing...

but, Avido, had I been 34 weeks pregnant at Christmas, believe me, you would have Noticed.

Avido said...

I don't think I got that far, I was still stuck back on the expecting part. Besides, you never know, I am a guy after all....